In the spirit of Benedictine hospitality, three hermitages located in the woods about a five minute walk from Mount St. Benedict Monastery are available for guests. They provide an opportunity for silence, solitude, prayer and contemplation.
Each hermitage is self-contained, heated and equipped with a kitchen; guests may bring their own food or eat at the monastery. Linens are provided. Early reservations are encouraged for hermitage stays, especially April through October. Guests are welcome to share in community prayer, meals and have use of the monastery library and grounds. The hermitages are not accessible by car; because they can only be reached on foot, it is advisable to bring walking shoes or boots and to be prepared for muddy ground, rain or snow at all times. Monastery guest rooms are accessible. Out of consideration for all, smoking and pets are not permitted in the hermitages or monastery guest rooms.
The monastery is situated on 80 acres that includes wooded areas, a stream and, across East Lake Road, lake-front property on Lake Erie. Walking trails connect all areas of the grounds.
- Donations are accepted for lodging and meals (if meals are taken at the monastery).
- Single occupancy guest rooms are also available in the guest wing of the monastery.
- Hermitages and guest rooms are available to both men and women.
- Registration cancellation should be done with a minimum of 72-hours advance notice.
- Spiritual direction is available by appointment, $30.00 per conference hour
For further information and to make a reservation contact:
Jean Wolbert, OSB
Phone: 814-899-0614 ext. 2503
- Prayer and Spirituality
- Ministries and Communication
- Community Life
- Support the Monastery
- Contact Us